- Product Reviews
Ugraded Kombucha Heater with Dimmer Control
POWERFUL HEATING SOLUTION NEWLY REDESIGNED
WITH SMOOTH DIMMER CONTROL AND MODERN STYLE
It is a common homebrewers refrain: How can I keep my Kombucha brew warm, especially in Spring, Fall and Winter? Let the brew get too cold and the cycle slows down, reducing the healthy stuff in your brew and even exposing it to a potential mold infestation. Not good! Until now, standard beer heating belts and weakly powered seedling mats were the only choices available. If your house is cold, they won't help!
As a long time brewer, I was frustrated. Even in Southern California, it gets cold at night and in the Winter. Some of my Continuous Brewers are near the back door and can catch a draft. Seedling mats offer very little power and are run through with wires. There had to be a better way. So I went out and found it!
The Kombucha Mamma Year Round Heating System w/Dimmer was designed by Kombucha Kamp with the help of a thermodynamics engineer. Utilizing brand new technology perfected and patented only recently, this heating system is not only the perfect size to fit our Continuous Brewers but will keep your brew at the optimum temperature you desire all year long. Plus you can use this heating system with a gallon jar or almost any sized vessel too, anything 2.5 gallons or smaller. No wires so it's perfectly safe with glass! The only heating mat on the market specifically designed for Kombucha or any fermented food or drink really, COMPLETE WITH A DIMMER!
Its ultra-thin construction & patented heating technology makes for a more uniform heat distribution which helps to maintain the ideal temperature for Kombucha, kefir, JUN, yogurt, or just about any type of home fermentation. Plus, the dimmer makes temperature control super easy. Simply turn it up when more heat is needed and decrease when the weather gets warms. Finally, you'll be in control of your ferment cycle all year round.
Includes heat mat, smooth & even dimmer power switch, adjustable velcro strap, and a thermometer strip
110-120V AC Power
Uses 18 watts of power
Covered Heating Material
Dimensions of Heat Mat: 4" Width x 24" Length
Dimensions of Dimmer: 1.5" Width x 3" Length
- Easy to set temperature with the slide of a dimmer, requires some attention to maintain temps
- Sleek all black design via coated mat, offering improved efficiency
- No heat wires or thick pad, so heat is always dissipated evenly over the whole mat
- Almost the entire surface of the mat is covered by the heat strips creating an even heat distribution
- Moisture sealed electrical connections (Do not submerse in water)
- Power cord with Dimmer with OFF and fully variable power let's you adjust your heating needs.
- Ultra-thin Super durable construction (No Multiple Plys, just one solid extra tough mat)
- Heat Strip, power cord, & dimmer are all UL Listed Components
- Assembled in USA and all components made in the USA (except power cord)
- Comes with 1 Year Hassle Free Guarantee!
- FREE Thermometer Strip included
For a more economical model, check out
The Kombucha Mamma Essential Heating Strip
For the easiest set it and forget it solution available, check out
The Kombucha Mamma FERMENT FRIEND™ Heating Solution with Full Control Thermostat
Want to use the heater in an international location outside North America?
This heater can be specially wired for 220V systems for an upcharge of $35 by selecting the checkbox prior to adding to cart.
If you already purchased the heater and need the 220V wiring upgrade, you can find that product and more info here: International 220V Wiring Upgrade
Need a custom sized strip to fit your specific fermentation needs?
Email for a quote!
This video shows our original versions of the heating mats, as you can see from the product pitctures, we have been through a few evolutions! But this video does still show the basic usage and some tricks. Check out the product listings for current photos. :) MADE IN THE USA!!